Friday, May 24, 2013

Vet and Playdate!

Turbo went to the vet yesterday for a distemper shot. Hubby brought him, I was too scared. The last time I tried to bring Turbo to the vet, it didn't turn out so well. Turbo got too excited and was certainly scared, stressed, and nervous.. so he nipped a lot at the vet when they tried to examine him.. and even started growling. In the end they said they could not examine him as he was too worked up. This time we brought him to a different vet, the one at the shelter where he was adopted. We figured they would do a better job since they examined him before and gave him his first shots there. Well it did work out a lot better. Turbo was still stressed and scared, and he did start growling, but they muzzled him for safety, so everything was just fine! He got his shot, and now he scheduled to be neutered on June 7. Here is a video of Turbo on the way home from the vet. It was pouring down rain, and he had his head out the window trying to catch rain drops! He's so funny! Well, I managed to schedule a play date for him! Tomorrow afternoon we're meeting a 1 year old, female, spayed German Shepard. Turbo is such a hyper, energetic dog, and he hasn't yet learned the proper way to play with humans. I really don't know how well he was socialized as a baby.. all I know about him was he was found as a stray and was in a shelter for about a week until we brought him home. When he sees another dog he seems happy and friendly. His tail wags and he seems loose and wiggly, which is a good sign. If he were tense I'd be afraid of dog aggression. But I thought it would be good for him to have another dog to play with. Being that he's still a puppy, he desperately wants to play.. and he gets a little frustrated that we won't play with him the way he wants, poor guy. I feel bad for him. So I posted an ad looking for a playmate or play group.. and the owner of the German Shepard responded. She has a similar problem.. her dog is still energetic but doesn't have a playmate. We're meeting tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait! I'm so excited for Turbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment