Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gentle Leader Training, Day 2

With a bit of luck and really good timing, I was actually able to put the GL on Turbo today!

I chose a time when the dog was sleeping peacefully on the sofa. Of course he woke up when I went over to him, but he did not get up and didn't get excited. Just laid there. So, I put the gentle leader on him and fed him lots of turkey as a treat as well as lots of praise and pets. He didn't seem to care while he was lying there. I snapped this photo as quick as I could before he changed his mind. I waited to see what he'd do, and he did nothing. So, I hooked up his leash to the GL to see if he wanted to go for a walk.

As soon as he stood up, that's when he started trying to get the GL off. He pawed at his nose until he made the nose loop come off his nose (meaning I need to tighten it a bit more, but that was hard to determine while he was lying down!).

So, I took the GL off him, hooked the leash back to his normal collar, and brought him for a walk to reward his small success!

We'll keep trying.. but hooray for small successes!! :)

Also posted on Bubblews:  http://www.bubblews.com/news/483507-gentle-leader-training-day-2

No comments:

Post a Comment