Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's been a lazy week..

The kids are all on spring break this week, and we had nothing planned.

I was looking forward to it actually. School days seem to put more stress on me than needed, what with having to get up early, get the kids ready for school which is never any fun since Aydan is the pokiest child I know!! Then Mathieu gets home around noon and I have to be outside when he gets here or they don't let him off the bus. That means around noontime I can't be doing anything else. The rest of the day is pretty well shot too because kids are getting home at 2:30, 3:30, and 4.

A week off of school meant freedom for us all. I get to sleep in and have all the time I want to do whatever I want. If we felt like going somewhere, there'd be no time constraints on when we have to return.

So we've spent most of the week being lazy. We've slept in and played our video and computer games. Haven't gotten much accomplished at all.

Tristan and I did go out for hair cuts on Monday, then on Tuesday I colored my hair in preparation for my Wicked Weekend.. want to look my best!

I implemented a new 15 minute rule with the kids.. we set a timer for 15 minutes and we all spend that time doing nothing but cleaning. That worked well.. it actually ended up turning into a beat the clock game to see how much we could finish in the 15 minutes. I plan on doing that more often!

So I'm feeling a little guilty about the laziness.. but the weather has turned cold and snowy again (so much for it being spring!), and we're broke, so I don't have many options anyway. I did manage to bring them to the library today, that's a plus. Javy's been spending a lot of time with friends, and the twins have sleep overs planned for this weekend. So I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about our laziness... they probably need the relaxation as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment