Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day!

I totally forgot today was Earth Day until I just came across something about it online. We'd been planning on doing some yard work over the weekend so we could plant some new bushes in the yard to take the place of the old dead ones we took out. But it was cold over the weekend, so we didn't get to the yard work and didn't buy the new bushes. But this is something we will do on the next nice weekend we have. I guess our Earth Day celebration will have to be put off until then.

I am racking my brain trying to think of something else we can do for Earth Day... maybe clean up the yard or the nearby park area thing... I'll have to figure it out when the kids get home.

One thing we will do today, though it has nothing to do with Earth Day, is I'm going to have the kids write penpal letters. A friend of mine online mentioned doing this, writing letters to sick kids. I thought it was a neat idea. Kids these days don't really do the penpal thing anymore thanks to internet and e-mail. I thought it would be a great idea to get my kids to write to someone, and if the sick kids write back my kids might learn something and maybe learn not to take life for granted!! Hopefully!


No comments:

Post a Comment