Monday, March 11, 2013

We all had a fun weekend!

We had a fun, active, social weekend.

First, my 10 year old son, Tyler, was invited to Monster Jam with a friend of his. We had to pay for his ticket of course, and we gave him $10 for food.. but Tyler came home with a CD full of pictures, and a T-shirt from the event. He had a lot of fun. Monster trucks are right up his alley! I'm sure my younger boys would have loved it too, but the tickets were a bit expensive and I didn't even know about it until Tyler asked if he could go with his friend. So Tyler ended up spending the night with that friend and over all had a great weekend!

My oldest son also spent Saturday night out at a friend's house, and spent most of Sunday hanging out playing basketball with some kids he knew. So he had a fun, social weekend.

The rest of us actually did not have plans.. but Sunday my friend invited me over for coffee and wanted me to bring my kids to play with her kids. I brought my 10 year old daughter, and 5 and 6 year old sons to her house to play with her 8 year old son, 14 year old niece, and a couple of the nieces friends. The kids had a blast. They played video games, hide and seek, duck duck goose.. and went outside for awhile too. We were over there for hours and there wasn't a dull moment to be had.

Later I invited the same friend over here to our house. She came alone because her fiance did not feel well. My husband lit a fire in our fire pit because it was a nice, warm night, and my friend and I had drinks while we sat around the fire and chatted some more.

It's not really that often we have social visits, so they're always fun when we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment