Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A break from reading..

I've spent the last few weeks reading all the books in The Wicked Years series by Gregory Maguire, based on the Oz books by L Frank Baum. Click here for my summary of the series on Bubblews.

I got interested in the books because I'm going to see the Broadway play Wicked in a couple weeks. I wanted to refresh my memory. I'd read Wicked years ago, but had forgotten most of it, and never continued to read the rest of the series.. if it had even been printed yet. I don't think it had. Son of a Witch came out after the play, so probably it hadn't.

The ending of each book left a bit of a cliff hanger, making me desperate to read the next.. so I did.

Yesterday I literally spent all day reading the final book of the series. I started reading early in the morning, around 10am, and kept reading until the book was done, at around 1 o'clock this morning. Unfortunately I have a very hard time putting a book down once I get interested in it.

Now that the series is done, I'll probably take a break from reading. There isn't much else I'm currently interested in reading, and I feel I've already devoted too much time to books and haven't gotten much else accomplished. The weather is warming up, I really need to get out and do something with myself again.. and with the kids.

Perhaps a nice walk this afternoon..

No comments:

Post a Comment