Friday, January 28, 2011

Everything's starting to fall into place..

So, I got the job at Subway I mentioned in the last post. I start there tomorrow. Part-time, evenings, just like I wanted.

I also had an interview on Wednesday for a part-time clerical position. Not sure yet how that one went. I am not really qualified for a clerical job yet, but I think it would be wonderful to have this job. It's with a company that tests food packaging for bacteria and mold. I'd mostly be filing things and e-mailing clients. Two days a week, 5 hour shifts for a total of 10 hours. I think it would be great for the experience, but I'm not holding my breath that I'm actually going to get this job. Though I do think I'll keep looking for something similar. A clerical day job that I can do a couple days a week part-time, just for the experience.

Anyway, at least I have the Subway job, which is minimum wage, but hey.. money is money!

It seems as if most of my New Year Resolutions have been achieved. I am in school and doing well. I have a part time job to help with finances.

I even had a very serious chat with the hubby last night about working on paying down our debt so that sometime in the future we can qualify for a mortgage loan! Oh how I'd love to own a home someday. A place with a yard for my kids. Preferably a place where I can't hear the traffic from my living room, over the sound of my TV.

So, my next goal is to set to work on the finances. Hubby's paycheck is just about enough to cover our bills, but leaves us no spending money. So half of my money is for spending, the other half will go towards savings and debts. Sure it won't be a huge amount.. but a little in abundance is a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment