Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year In Review..


As 2010 winds down I've been very focused on the year to come and the changes I plan on making. I've paid very little attention to what has passed this year, which I suppose is not a bad thing.. we should all continue to look forward with hope and optimism instead of looking back with sorrow, regret, or pain.

However, since the subject was brought up by a friend of mine, I thought I would take a quick moment to share the things that have happened to me this past year.

Thankfully, when I look back on it, most of it is good. The only bad thing that happened in 2010 was that we lost hubby's mother back in March, and I lost 3 of my cats through out the year (but I recently got 2 new kittens). Also I turned 30 back in May, which isn't necessarily bad for most people, but it was certainly depressing for me! I truly do not want to be in my 30's yet.. I no longer wish to grow up!!

Some of the good things that happened in 2010 are: I participated in a charity event called Great Strides where I raised $100 for Cystic Fibrosis; I lost a total of 80 pounds! (though I did gain a little back); One of my children entered preschool, and 3 others entered their final year in their current school.. next year those 3 will move on to new schools (and I'll have a high schooler!); I have gained new friends and have had new experiences and have grown a little, as we all do every year!

All in all not a bad year, but it also wasn't extremely eventful. I am excited to see what the new year brings!

For a less personal review of last year check out these Extreme Moments of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment