Friday, December 31, 2010

Time for New Year's Resolutions!


Are you setting any big resolutions this year? I usually set a few each year.

One of my usual resolutions is to lose weight. I'm rarely successful with this one.. but I was last year. Between October 2009 and April 2010 I lost about 80 pounds. However slowly a lot of my bad habits came back, I got lazy about going to the gym, and got lazy about what I was eating, so I put about 20 pounds back on. In the coming year I'd like to get that 20 pounds off again, stay motivated to go to the gym everyday and push myself the way I used to, and find a healthy eating plan I can be comfortable sticking with!

Another resolution I set every year is to be a better mother and wife. We all have our flaws, there's no denying that! I have very little patience, a short temper, and little things tend to drive me insane! These are some things I need to improve on for the sake of my family. I'd also like to work on spending more quality time with my children.

This year I have a new resolution I haven't set before, though I'm sure it is a resolution most people do set annually. This year I want to work towards getting us in a better financial situation. I am currently hunting for a part-time job to help out a little bit for the time being, but I'm also working on getting into school to earn my associates degree to become an Administrative Assistant. Hubby and I were checking out jobs in that field last night, starting off I could make more money than he makes now, and he's worked at his job for 6 years to reach his current pay rate.. and basically he's at his ceiling. He cannot get anymore raises as his company cannot afford him! So, when I graduate in about 2 years, we should be pretty darn comfortable with both of us working! Maybe after that we can work on sending hubby back to school to earn a business associates degree!

I am a pretty determined person. When I set my mind to do something, I usually have no problem achieving my goals. I'm fairly confident I will keep these resolutions this year, and be successful at them!

For you, my dear readers, I wish you all happiness, health, and prosperity in the coming year! See ya next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment