Friday, June 12, 2009

Whacky Library Hours!


My kids absolutely love to read, and this is definitely a blessing. They do own plenty of books, but of course they've read these books dozens of times already. So naturally, we tend to visit the library quite often. Not only can the kids get new and interesting reading material, I can also pick out some movies to watch. Watching movies is one of the family's hobbies, and what better way to do it than for free!

Well, in order to do that, you'd have to catch the library during the few hours that it's actually open!! Here are the hours for my nearest public library:

Monday: 1:30 - 8:00 PM
Tuesday: 1:30 - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Thursday: 1:30 - 6:00 PM
Friday: 1:30 - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00 - 4:00 PM
Closed Sunday

Talk about confusing! You'd think the very least they could do is have the same hours every weekday so the community doesn't have to go looking it up every time they think about stopping in.

I do realize there've been some terrible budget cuts lately, and the library is definitely suffering from it, but I don't think cutting the hours will help. I personally was quite upset when I saw that the library was closed when I expected it to be open. I left the house specifically to visit the library, and could not. That was actually the second time it happened. Perhaps those hours are not convenient for some people. I just think these cuts are going to cause the library to lose patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment