Sunday, June 21, 2009

One of those days..


Yesterday morning my first thought when I woke up was "I think I'm going to make them all nap today!".

The very first thing I heard when I woke up in the morning was arguing, crying, screaming, whining, fighting, etc. This can be very typical for my children, especially the middle 3, but not first thing in the morning. First thing in the morning their butts are usually planted in front of the TV and they're zoned out like zombies.

The day continued to get worse from there. Aydan desperately needed a nap because he didn't stop whining all day, and I kept saying I'd put him down right after lunch.

Javier was the most aggravating though. Sometimes you wonder if he does this stuff on purpose!!

I had a lot to get done yesterday. I was preparing for both Father's Day and Aydan's birthday, so I had to bake 2 cakes, wrap presents for both, do some laundry, and had quite a few errands to run. I asked Javy to help with small jobs and it only created stress!

I ask him to help me get Mathieu ready to go out to run our errands, and he looks like he's going to break Mathieu's foot trying to get the sneaker on him. So then I ask him to find my purse while I get Mathieu's shoes on, and he spills my change bowl that's on my dresser, and knocks down a box of light bulbs, spilling them, and doesn't bother to pick these things up. I end up finding my purse because he's looking in the silliest of places, like under the bed!

And all that was before 10am!! The rest of the day was more of the same, it was truly pointless to ask Javy for help with anything because it only led to frustration, but do you think I'd learn? Nope, I kept asking him for help.

Thankfully Jay was out of work at 2pm. I never did end up putting the kids down for a nap! But Jay gets home from work and he's stressed out too.

That's when a light bulb went off in my head!! "Let's go out!" I thought. So I called my mother, whom I had to drive into the city to pick up, that's about half an hour drive. She doesn't drive, she's legally blind.

So Jay and I ended up going out to eat, and then spent a couple hours just walking around the mall. I forced him to buy himself an outfit at Old Navy, he really needed it, he doesn't like any of the jeans he owns, and doesn't have many shirts to wear. He ended up going to the mall in work clothes, which is typical for him because he just doesn't own much clothing!

We also bought a candle from the Yankee Candle company. It's called Green Grass. It smells just like a candle they used to have called Fresh Cut Grass, one of my favorite smells! They stopped making Fresh Cut Grass, and we spent years looking for something similar, so we were rather excited to find the Green Grass candle yesterday!

After our outing we came home to discover our kid's had not behaved at all while we were out. Actually it appears Javier was okay, but the twins were the hellions!! I am surprised because they usually do not behave like little animals, especially not for other people, so I'm still quite angry at them!

Looks like they're going to get a very very long talking to before we go out without them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment