Monday, June 15, 2009

Bingo


I did a pretty foolish thing last night, but I don't regret it at all.

As I'd pointed out in a previous post, things are very tight this week. It should be fine by next week, we're back to a normal size paycheck and our large bills are out of the way. But this week, it's tight. So tight in fact, that we had to scrounge $4 in change to deposit into the account so as not to overdraw by paying our power bill.

Well, that was before I realized my son was in desperate need of shoes! His toes were literally coming out of his sneakers. So, we decided we'd just have to overdraw the account to get the boy a pair of shoes, and that's what we did.

I was in an absolutely terrible mood all day. I'm not sure if it was stress from the financial situation, or maybe just your regular, everyday, mom of 5 kind of stress. I was snapping at the kids and giving Jay an attitude. Finally he tells me I need to get away for awhile. So we begin the quest of trying to find a bingo hall open on Sundays. I took $40 out of the already overdrawn account. I drove half an hour to pick up my mother who doesn't drive, then went about 45 minutes in the other direction to get to the only bingo hall I found that's open Sundays.

It had been years since I'd been to bingo, but I really liked this place. The prizes for most games were at least $100, so if I had won, I could have gotten my money back even if I'd had to split it 2 ways. There was a 50/50 where the prize was $300, then a 70/30 where the prize was $800. Both were won by a single person!

I was really hoping for some sort of win so that I could replace the money we spent from the bank account. Alas, I didn't win a dime. But hey, it was fun, I got to get out and away from the kids for a few hours, which is something I haven't been able to do in a very long time, and my mom even treated to a Tim Horton's Iced Capp! All in all, it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment